When I invest in the stock market, I want best of breeds stocks for my account. I invest my money for dividends. Worrying at night about my amazing collection of dividend stocks is not something I want to do. Making money with great companies is the name of my game. Do you have a 2017 Best of Breed Dividend Stock List?
2017 Best of Breed Dividend Stock List
My criteria to make the best of breed list is below. This list will continue to grow in the future as I keep researching more companies and sectors.
|Group||Sub Group||Best of Breed||Runner Ups|
|Transportation||Rail Road||UNP||NSC, CSX|
|Utility||Electricity||SO||DUK, ED, EIX, NEE|
|Finish Goods||Pharmaceuticals||PFE||JNJ, LLY|
|Banking||Mortgage||NLY||AGNC, NRZ, ORC|
|Fun & Travel||Cruise||CCL||RCL|
|Fun & Travel||Gambling||LVS|
|Fun & Travel||Theme Park||SIX||SEAS|
|Fun & Travel||Video Content||DIS|
More of Best of Breed stocks.
Best of Breed Dividend Stock Criteria
This is my list to get into the list.
- Must pay a dividend to even be considered
- Best Dividend Yield
- Dividend Growth
- Dividend Safety/Coverage
- Do they make money
- Do they have a product(s) with a moat?
- Can I sleep easily at night owning them?
Note: Just because a stock is best for me does not make it best for you. Also, this list is made over the last year, and some of the names can/will change. I am working on adding more categories.
- Group – They major categories as I view the market.
- Sub Group – As the name says, sub groups of the groups.
- Best of Breed – My number one pick in that category.
- Runner Ups – The companies that I might have picked as number one. Some of them are a close second and some are much further away. I am working on expanding the list to include more categories.
Do you have a 2017 Best of Breed Dividend Stock List to pick stocks from? Should you have one? Do you agree with my choices above or would you select different companies as number 1? Please feel free to join in the conversation below.
Discloser: On 4/28/17, I am long: AAL, APLE, EPR, F, GME, IBM, IP, KSS, LVS, MAIN, MAT, NRZ, O, ORC, PFE, SNH, SO, STAG, TGT, and VZ